Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Studio: ART QUILT AND SKETCH BOOKS

Continuing to reorganize the art studio. (5th of 5 posts)
Moving around the perimeter of the studio...I came to the last shelving unit with a collage book on the top shelf AND all my sketchbooks below! 

Groan. How come I never stopped to date them!? I should really go through them all. But that would take a lot of time!  So I paged through some. Hmmm...some good ideas never brought to fruition...maybe I should go through them all! 

Moving down 2 shelves - an Oaxacan animal sculpture and a stack of art quilt books.  I spent 10 years in the quilt world - speaking, teaching and exhibiting.  I was in some pretty prestigious shows those years. My quilts did the traveling and not me - all over the US and Japan!  Art quilts I created are in each of those books on the shelf. (below)

After 10 yrs. in the art quilt world, I moved into missions - my quilts and I off to Russia in 1994.  

I continue to design story-telling quilts to use over seas - having found that the soft quilt is the most engaging - effective medium for me to use with women. 

God used 10 yrs. in the quilt world to prepare me for these last 20 yrs. in missions. 

artist statement on my website

No comments:

Post a Comment