Thursday, August 11, 2011

STILL A LOT OF SCRAPS !

I took this photo when I was preparing the wordless story book for the young man in Uganda. Here's that story.

Yesterday we used a lot of the African fabric scraps for the story ropes and strips. But the pile is still looking big.

I've been at something called the Leadership Summit today and have to say I was challenged by the last speaker, Steve Furtick, to 'dig more ditches'. I translated that to mean: prepare more story rope materials! & watch God use all of them in Africa.

OK. I will!
art on ledge: G. Andersen; F. Booth; M. Malwitz

5 comments:

  1. How are you liking the Summit? Our church is hosting it virtually. Glad you will be doing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to put you in touch with a man in Nigeria at a Cultural Center. He would love to have an exchange and perhaps you would have more connections to work with him. I will send you information.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia-please do!
    Kirsten-it was great. Our church did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the banner....and that pile o' scraps too! Sounds like you've had lots of rain. Good thing--what with the sorry sprinklers! Be home next Tuesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good hearing from you! It is raining cats and dogs today!!! Yes-what is w/these sprinklers!!!
    Trying to take some photos w/natural light. Not a good day!!!
    Starting another blog. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete