Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Planning for Rwanda



Yesterday Kathie Beattie & I met with Becca Smith, visiting from Rwanda. Kathie & I will be going to Rwanda in Sept. where the 3 of us will work together under the banner of World Relief.
Over lunch we began filling in the 2 wk. schedule with genocide survivor workshops; quality time/art with World Relief staff women; leading creative retreat for NGO women; visits to Amani & Cards From Africa.
I'll be doing art & Kathie, photography. More in upcoming posts.
(top)The women at Amani made this beautiful quilt as a gift for Kathie. Becca holding her adopted Rwandan son, Iranzi.
(lower) At Amani in Rwanda, sewing from dawn to dusk, making a living for their families.


1 comment:

  1. Marge, this is such a small world. Knowing I do collage my dear friend Bob West sent me a link to your website, saying your husband is a business partner with his friend, John Bradley. Looking through your blog and I found this picture of you and Kathie Beattie, a dear woman who I made friends with when we were on a tour in Costa Rica with the Lluis Palau President's Council. Kathie is my hero because of her wonderful photography which I'm sure she'll use when you go to Rwanda. God has such a wonderful way of introducing people.
    I'm subscribing to your blog right now and I'll put a link to it on my own. I love your approach to collage. You love color as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete