Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LOOKING BACK FOR AN ANSWER

I am back to the Rahab quilt & still stumped. How do I design the wall in the story?

The wall needs to go across the span of the piece. Do I make the wall in 4 different sections created with different fabrics? The story IS in 4 scenes - shown with 4 similar houses against different skies.

I had a break through when I thought back to the rowboat series I did years back.

I was determined to loosen up. So I limited myself to working with my pile of scraps for the first couple of very small quilts.

Here are 2 of those scrappy boats.

OK! That's it. Make a haphazard scrappy wall just using scraps. This will be fun!
Click photos to enlarge.

2 comments:

  1. Marge, what if you did something like you once suggested to me: cut out the whole book in the shape of a wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me more.....I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete