Tuesday, March 13, 2012

LEANING PICTURE SHELVES

2 leaning picture shelves in the spare bedroom. Nelson's had this project going for a couple weeks. Being busy, the project's been in start and stop mode for weeks, but we finally got them up & painted.

He uses poplar for all the art shelves in the house. This wood resists twisting in the drying process, so the boards are great for shelves.

• Shelf with wall taped during final painting.
Used same 'ivory' as on the walls, though this was a low semigloss. Keeping the look minimal.
• 2 closeups to get an idea of the construction.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm. I have a stack of wood down in the garage; maybe I could make a bunch of these shelves for my new frame room, aka unused third bedroom where I have a table set up for cutting large paper and board... not wooden board, illustration board.
    Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these shelves-got the idea from Pottery Barn 6 yrs ago and expanded on it. I love the way they make changing the art so easy! I have so much of it-as I am sure you do-it's a great way to display on the walls and not in the closet! Let me know if you ever do it.

      Delete
  2. Great idea for me! I love these because you don't have to put holes in your walls. I love changing pictures out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the whole idea-no holes in the wall! I love it! Let me know if you do it!

      Delete