Thursday, May 20, 2010

Emanating Hills


While working on the California canyon-hills today, I remembered collaging this simple design in an earlier series.

In prep for going to Rwanda in '07, I read the book, Land of a Thousand Hills. The book inspired me to create a 1,000 hills !!! each hill collaged on a manila shipping tag. The emanation stopped at around 40. Here's 18 of them. Collages are around 5" x 2 1/2"

My artist friend, A.J. Picard, went to Rwanda ahead of me and took some spectacular photos for inspiration back in his studio. This photo of AJ's is one of my favorites, hangs framed in our home & was inspiring when I started collaging the hills.

To see AJ's spectacular pastels here's his web site & the link to go directly to his Rwanda artwork.


Back to creating the California canyon-hills tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely, Marge. I love that you're taking us through this process one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete