Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SWEPT INTO THE PROCESS

I'm skipping around in the Paris in September blog posts but stay with me. 'What goes around comes around.' as they say. I'll get back to continuing the other posts.

Today I switched gears when new friends came to town. Last night as we sat in the living room, the conversation turned to life story and that of course led to the 'story-rope'.

What is it? What does it look like? How do you make it? How does someone tell their story with it? So story-ropes came out and the process was shared. More about story-ropes coming.

In the morning there was time to invite my friend up to the studio & sweep her into the creative process. For sure there will be life stories to be shared in Paris. I'm going prepared.

As I pulled out fabrics, she began cutting strips. It was a good start to assembling materials for yet another possible project when we go to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment