Thursday, November 21, 2013

THE DOLLS


I have been saving this torn out craft page of rag dolls from the December 1970 issue Woman's Day Magazine for 43 years!  

(top 2 photos from magazine page)

With my granddaughter and Christmas in mind, I finally tried to make one of these cute things! I kept no directions but did have patterns I made years ago, but never used. 


I started. These dolls are harder to make than I expected. I'm not showing the failed experiments! Like any other art form,
you have to put time in, experimenting 
with the process. This could take some time.
(below - pondering the process) 
I have an awesome collection of fabric from years of quiltmaking so if I ever figure out how to make one of these dolls successfully,  I think this could be something fun to get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment